Support chat widget

You may have used the chat widget as seen below on your Stuart dashboard to talk to our Customer Support team.

But how can you get support if you don’t want to use the dashboard?

You can now integrate the support chat widget into your own site!

Simply reach out to your Account Manager, or our integrations team at cse@stuart.com, with your request to set up the chat widget. We’ll need to know:

• The email address/es of the Stuart account/s for which you’d like to set up a widget
  • Your domains for us to whitelist

:old_key: For optimal security, we advise encrypting user credentials and limiting public exposure of the widget code.

We will come back to you with the HTML code that you can add to the web pages to display the chat widget. Simple!

You can find here an HTML code example:

<script>
  window.intercomSettings = {
    app_id: "XXXXXX",
    email: "example@gmail.com",
    user_id: "XXXXXX",
    user_hash: "57c3203XXXXXXXXXXX40"
  };
</script>
<script>(function(){var w=window;var ic=w.Intercom;if(typeof ic==="function"){ic('reattach_activator');ic('update',intercomSettings);}else{var d=document;var i=function(){i.c(arguments)};i.q=[];i.c=function(args){i.q.push(args)};w.Intercom=i;function l(){var s=d.createElement('script');s.type='text/javascript';s.async=true;s.src='https://widget.intercom.io/widget/XXXXX';var x=d.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];x.parentNode.insertBefore(s,x);}if(w.attachEvent){w.attachEvent('onload',l);}else{w.addEventListener('load',l,false);}}})()</script>

2 Likes