Instant (automatic?) cancellation after job creation

Hello,

We’ve observed some strange behavior in which the job seems to be canceled instantly after being created via API.

One example is job ID 279454646. The job was created at 2024-02-19T17:09:13 and ended at 2024-02-19T17:10:35 via cancellation. The cancellation comment is Customer requested order cancellation, but we cannot find any Stuart API requests made from our system to cancel the order.

Furthermore, the one-minute time difference from creation to cancellation suggests there wasn’t enough time for the user to somehow reach out to Stuart independently via phone. The timing suggests that the job was somehow canceled automatically, which contradicts the cancellation comment.

Could you explain how and why the above job was cancelled? We’d like to handle this scenario properly in our codebase.

Thank you,

Bill

Hi @bill,

Thank you for reaching out.

In order for me to look into this further, can you please provide the email address used for your sandbox account?

Also, please check your sandbox account’s testing scenarios as this sounds like you may have a cancellation scenario enabled.

Hi @bill,

Thank you for confirming this was reported for your production account.
I have informed internal teams and we are looking into this as a matter of urgency.

I would like to also communicate with your wider team in regards to this issue and explore the current setup of your integration, so we can pinpoint the exact cause of this issue.

Please feel free to email cse@stuart.com and we can continue there.

Thanks,